Spring Fling Triathlon 2014
In conjunction with the inaugural UNM Health and Wellness Expo April 27, 2014
The 5th annual Spring Fling Triathlon is a sprint triathlon that will be held Sunday April 27th. The order of the event is RUN - BIKE - SWIM. Please read through our information below and/or if you have questions please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
|Date and venue:||Sunday April 27, 2014 at the UNM Johnson Center.|
|Start time:||7:30 AM for the triathlon and 5k run|
|11:00 AM for the Gonstead Youth Triathlon|
|8:00 AM for the Mahoney Mile|
meeting for all athletes at 7:10 AM!
The pre-race meeting for the kid's race is at 10:45 AM.
Run-Bike-Swim sprint triathlon at UNM Johnson Olympic-sized
pool. The bike course is out-and-back and the run is a loop twice
around UNM premises. The swim is a serpentine swim up/down one lane
at a time. The distances are 400m swim, 20k bike and 5k run. This
is a USAT and USATF sanctioned event.
Online registration available via Active.com.
Mail in registration: Use this pdf form and follow the instructions. Mail in registration closes one week before the race, and needs to be postmarked by 4/18.
Online registration closes 6PM the night before the race, 4/26.
No refunds are issued, and no race entry transfers.
NB: NO RACE DAY REGISTRATION.
Race packets can be picked up at:
Saturday April 26, 11AM-5PM at High Desert Bicycles, 8110 Louisiana NE, ABQ
Sunday April 27, 5:45AM-7:00AM, at race location, UNM Johnson Center
You must bring a valid photo-ID to packet pickup. We are sorry but you are not allowed to pick up a race packet for a friend or a family member - each athlete must pick up their own packets, including team members. Each athlete has to sign a waiver to get their packet (you can download this form and sign beforehand if you want to help to minimize lines at packet pickup). Packet pickup for the youth races will also be available at the race location until 10AM during race day. No packet pickup for Mahoney Mile participants.
Before/on 4/15: Individual $55, Teams $112, Juniors $29, Kids $15, 5k run $28
After 4/15: Individual $65, Teams $129, Juniors $39, Kids $15, 5k run $38
Mahoney Mile: $5 to 4/26, $7 day of event.
Gonstead Youth Triathlon:
The Gonstead Youth Triathlon (children 4-7 & 8-12) will be held at 11AM.
Ages 4-7: 440m run / 0.5 mile bike / 25m swim
Ages 8-12: 1.0 mile run / 3 mile bike / 200m swim
Youth Tri entry includes race shirt and finisher medals.
Please note that the kid's race gets shirts that are in Youth sizes. They still are pretty big, so if you have a 4-year old you want to go for the smallest size. As a parent, you are welcome to run/bike/swim together with your kid.
The Mahoney Mile is a 4 lap 1 mile long run, held in heats. The first heat starts at 8:00AM, followed by heats at 8:15 and then every 30 minutes thereafter until 10:45AM, with a special kids heat at 11:00AM.
The Mahoney Mile donates the entry fees to the American Heart Association.
Shirts are not included in the small entry fee for this race.
- Awards by age division in 5 year increments (medals will be awarded to those in 1st, 2nd and 3rd place in each age group) and 1st place to overall Female and Male. For the 5k run, finisher medals will be awarded.
- The award ceremony is planned for 10:30 AM.
- Mahoney Mile 1st to end place certificates.
- This event is sanctioned by USAT and USATF.
- Shirts: All triathlon and 5k racers receive shirts (no shirts for the Mahoney Mile) but you must register by April 15th to guarantee size choice. Sizes are unisex and big, so go for a smaller one if you are not sure.
- Kid's race shirts: please note that the kid's race gets shirts that are in Youth sizes. They still are pretty big, so if you have a 4-year old you want to go for the smallest size.
- The 5k run starts at 7:30 am - same time and course as the triathlon run.
- The race is timed manually, so make sure your race numbers are clearly visible at all times. Also make sure you get body marked before race start.
- Parts of the funds from this race will be donated to the UNM Adaptive Sports Program.